Sometimes you just can’t get the products into the studio. So the studio needs to go the the product.
This measuring tool was too big and too much a working prototype to risk schlepping it down to my photostudio in Hyde Park. Instead, we geared up and headed to the company to shoot in a conference room near where it was built. As this was one of only two of the devices on site, there were a few moments of consultation between the marketing people and the sci technicians about set up and proper hose assembly placements, etc.
I made a couple of suggestions about what would look great and then went back to what I know: lighting and composition. Let the techs battle out the legitimacy of one hose over another.
In the end, we got a great, relatively reflection free, raw file. A little careful retouching and it is ready for delivery to the marcom team.